Theydon Bois Station
Address: Coppice Row, Theydon Bois, Essex CM16 7EU | Get Directions
Fare Zone: 6 Lines Served: Central Line
Theydon Bois was originally opened by the Great Eastern Railway in April 1865 as Theydon, however the station was renamed to Theydon Bois in December of that year. In 1923, the GER was absorbed by the London & North Eatern Railway (LNER) and management of the station was passed on.
With the formation of the London Passenger Transport Board (LPTB) in 1933 came the announcement of the New Works Programme 1935 – 1940, which saw the LNER line, along with all of it’s stations taken over by London Underground, forming the eastern branch of the Central Line.