Kentish Town Station
Address: Kentish Town Rd, London NW5 2AA | Get Directions Station Code: KSH Fare Zone: 2 Step Free: Northbound Only
Leslie Green designed Kentish Town Station was opened by the Charing Cross, Euston & Hampstead Railway on 22 June 1907 adjacent to the Midland Railway station of the same name.
In 1983, the British Rail station was rebuilt and the station buildings were demolished, with access being diverted through the Underground ticket hall. Kentish Town is the only Underground station on the High Barnet branch of the Northern Line to have direct interchange with British Rail services.
Until 1924, there were two Underground stations serving the area, the other being South Kentish Town, located at the southern end of Kentish Town Road ,which had also opened on 22 June 1907. However, due to low passenger numbers South Kentish Town was closed, although the station building itself survives today as a retail premises.