Chalk Farm Station
Address: Adelaide Rd, London NW3 2BP | Get Directions
Fare Zone: 2 Lines Served: Northern Line (Edgware Branch)
Chalk Farm Station was opened by the Charing Cross, Euston & Hampstead Railway on it’s line from Golders Green to Charing Cross on 22 June 1907. In 1924, the City & South London Railway was joined to the CCE&HR at Camden Town and this allowed services from Golders Green through the station to serve C&SLR stations as far south as Clapham Common.
Due to the location of the station, architect Leslie Green designed a narrow, wedge shaped station building that is today recognised as the longest station frontage of any of the stations he designed. Chalk Farm also has the distinction of housing the shortest lift shafts anywhere on the network at only 21 feet (6.4 metres) deep.
Chalk Farm was refurbished in it’s original style in 2005, with the station also being awarded Grade II listed status.