Leyton Midland Road (LEM) Station
Address: Midland Rd, Leyton, London E10 6JT | Get Directions Station Code: LEM Fare Zone: 3
Ticket Office: No Step Free: No Ticket Gates: Yes
Overground Lines Served:
Off Peak Service Frequency:
4 trains per hour in each direction
- 12 27 42 57 past to Barking
- 00 15 30 45 past to Gospel Oak
Leyton Midland Road Station was opened by the Tottenham & Forest Gate Railway on 9 July 1894 and was originally called Leyton, before being renamed Leyton Midland Road in May 1949. Nothing further of historical note occurred until May 1968 when the station’s goods yard was closed.
As with other stations on the line, the original booking office was built into the arches of the viaduct the platforms reside on. In the early 1980s, the original booking office was removed and the Greater London Council built a new booking office on Midland Road which was subsequently closed and demolished a few years later.
In November 2007, London Overground took over the running of the Gospel Oak to Barking (GOBLIN) line and Midland Road has benefited from a deep clean and major refit including new waiting shelters, ticket machines, signage and ticket gates. However, the Midland Road entrance was controversially closed as part of the refit.