Stamford Hill (SF) Bus Garage
Operator: Arriva London Opened: 1907 Address: Rookwood Road, Stamford Hill, London N16 6SS | Get Directions
Current Routes Operated: 67 73 253 N73 N253
Stamford Hill was opened by London County Council in 1907 as an Electric tram shed. The building was converted for use by trolleybuses in 1939, before becoming a bus garage in 1961. Stamford Hill’s use as a bus garage has been a bit erratic during it’s time. Initially closed in 1995, the garage was reopened for use by Leaside Travel before passing on for use by Grey Green.
Closed again by operator Arriva London in 2000, the garage reopened due to the need for more garage space in July 2002.
In July 2015, Stamford Hill became the first bus garage in London to only run Hybrid vehicles.